Monday, May 25, 2009

Count My Many Blessing Name Them One by One






Over the past six months I feel like I have been on the world’s largest roller coaster. With school, work, PTA, church calling, wrestling, dance, family events and every thing else I may have missed I am grateful to finally take this time to count all the many blessing in my life.
1. The Gospel
Eternal Families (To know that I will be able to see my father in law again I miss him more and more every day it seems), Repentance (I am grateful that the choices I make in life do not have to be held over me forever), The Holy Ghost (to remind me of why things might not be what they seem), Families (My Husband, my children, parents, grandparents, in laws, and even friends), Genealogy (I am sure if I ever take the time to do genealogy I will find more ways I can be growing my family) The ability to serve others, faith, Testimonies, great leaders, forgiveness, The Prophet (whom I was able to hear speak in person thanks to my amazing friend Shannon), Primary children, Home teachers, Visiting Teachers, The Scouting Program, The Scriptures and the priesthood. I have no Idea where my life would be without the Gospel. Thank you, Heavenly father for sending your son. Joseph Smith, for sacrificing your life for the greater good of man kind it is a blessing we all must share.
2. My Husband Travis, thank you for your Example, for always working hard, for the amazing example of service you are to our children and others, your smile, the way you look at me when you want something, your ability to forgive others, your many talents, the peace maker you are in our families, and any and all other things that you may do that can seem to go unnoticed.
3. My Children, Cameron for always encouraging me to work harder and not give up, Blake for never giving up even when things in life seem way more work for you than others, Billy for always smiling and the way to carry on the name of the great man you Grandpa Bill is I know he is proud of you and always will be, Brittney for your promise to always be my best friend no matter what happens in our life’s that might want to change your mind(Remember you put it in writing for me so you can't go back on it)
4. My Parents, Mom, for teaching me how to work hard, how to serve others, to put others needs before your own, how to bake, how to sew, the important of family time, for your many examples of giving of your self to save others, for your example of the importance of the gospel in are lives, and for just being my mom. Dad, for showing me how to stuff a turkey, cook almost anything, fix a flat, change a tire, tear apart an engine and put it back together, for believing I could do anything even boy things, for taking us to church when mom had to work, and forgiving me when I made mistakes.
5. My Sibling's, Troy for the amazing brother you are and always will be for the sacrifice you gave of your own life and time to help raise all of us I know Mom will never be able to repay the sacrifice but I am eternally grateful for it. Cindy for always being forgiving of my many faults, for helping with my children, my work, and my patients, I know it is not easy to live with me but thank you for sharing your special sprit with my family. Doug, for being my best defender growing up, for protecting me from the hurt of stupid boys (even if I didn't think they where stupid), for now protecting are country, you could be anything yet choose to serve are country. Christina, for be my twin growing up, for being my best friend and my worst enemy, for also choosing to give of your self to serve are country, for being a great mom to my wonderful nieces and nephews and for being an example to your husband and his family (some day your sacrifice will pay off).
6. My many friends from Oregon to Utah from Elementary School, Junior High, High school, College, Work, Church, PTA, associations with my children and the mom’s and dad’s of daycare. I think I often forget to remember the shoulders of those I leaned on that got me to the point that I am in my life. I have a mental list a mile long, but for fear of forgetting someone I am leaving it a mental list but those of you who read this just know I am the person I am to day because of your examples.

To be continued……

1 comment:

Jeremy & Chaundra Strickland said...

Your family is looking great!! We sure miss you :)